This Avocado Tuna Salad has a simple and surprising combination of ingredients but it just works! This tuna salad can be served on the side with dinner or as a very satisfying lunch because it comes together quickly and is loaded with protein.
The avocado gives this tuna salad recipe a healthy and highly satisfying creaminess without needing mayo. The lemon juice and cilantro give it incredible fresh flavour – this may just become your new favourite tuna salad.
- 15 oz tuna in oil, drained and flaked (3 small cans)
- 1 English cucumber sliced
- 2 large or 3 medium avocados peeled, pitted & sliced
- 1 small/medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro (1/2 of a small bunch)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
In a large salad bowl, combine: sliced cucumber, sliced avocado, thinly sliced red onion, drained tuna, and 1/4 cup cilantro
Drizzle salad ingredients with 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper (or season to taste). Toss to combine and serve.